- 01628 520731
- Flat Harrys Cyclery
31 High Street
Cookham, Berkshire SL6 9SJ
open Monday to Saturday
- Mon - Fri 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sat 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Pro Bike Fittings - making the bike fit you for comfort power and performance
- Servicing, Tuning and Repairs
- New Bikes from ORRO, Kinesis, Whyte, 3T and Argon18
- Clothing from Santini, DeFeet and Cafe du Cycliste
- Saddles and Shoes from Fi'z:k, Prologo and Ergon
- Tacx Turbo Trainers and VR Demo Centre
- SRAM, Campagnolo and Shimano specialists
- e-Bikes from eGoBike, Kinesis and Whyte
- Classy Custom Builds from 3T, Argon18 and Caren Hartley
- Wheel Building and Repairs of the highest Engineering standards
- we love TT and Tri bikes (aero hidden brake systems, awkward headset systems, complex cable routes)
- we love Mountain and Gravel bikes (hydraulics, tubeless tyres, complex suspension systems)
- we love Di2, eTAP and EPS systems (electronic shifting has complexities, needs firmware updates, is in itself totally unnecessary, but absolutely lovely to use)
In 2014 a new business was born.... Bicycle Tribe Ltd is the brainchild of Cris Towner, and he has one aim, so setup a small local bike shop that serves the needs of cyclists of all types - in the form of Flat Harry’s Cyclery. launched in the Thameside village of Cookham in the back in July 2015, to serve cyclists of all types and from all tribes. aiming is to provide you with a vibrant fun place, a place you can trust to provide you with fine products, independent advice and top notch service from highly experienced and passionate cycling staff.
Cris opened the shop in July 2015, and was joined that September by his brilliant Mechanic, Paul Devine. Since the early days, the shop has established itself in the heart of the local cycling community, and in 2019 David Port joined as Senior Apprentice, and most recently Dylan McCollum has been honing his skills as our Junior Apprentice.
we are proud of our Coffee, having mastered the art of the Barista we particularily enjoys serving our properly strong FlatWhyte.
Flat Harry's Cyclery sits in the historic Berkshire village of Cookham, situated in the Thames Valley.
The shop is conveniently located on national cycle network Route 4 and just two miles away from Route 50, being just a few pedal revolutions north from the nearby towns of Maidenhead, a spin south down the hill from Beaconsfield and High Wycombe, and a short jaunt along the Thames, heading east from Henley or west from Windsor.
our click and collect web shop is now live and accessible at www.flatharrys.cc
What you can expect
In addition to high quality mainstream products, we will be making a special effort to provide you with the best innovative and contemporary products from engineers and artisans from Britain and our cousins ... from frames hand made by master craftsmen, to the sartorial elegance of up and coming clothing designs, hand made Brooks bags, elegant ladies wear ... and so much more... brought to you from ethically proud specialists across the isles, each dedicated to making cycling far more than a functional form of transportation.
fine products designed and built in workshops in the heart of London, to deepest Cornwall, the Peak District, the dales of Yorkshire, the Scottish Isles, our Welsh Valleys, as well as further afield to Dublin, Milan, Flanders, Boston and California.
you can expect us to specialise in bikes, clothing and accessories that are hand made, designed with an eye for the detail and flair. we aim to provide you with interesting well made alternative to the massed produced.
and you need a space to ponder, chat and join in with events... so our open bike-fitting room is also our customers coffee room, being the perfect place to ponder and relax... we simply cannot live without Coffee, Tea and Flapjacks..
We look forward to welcoming you soon and meeting you in person. thanks for your interest.